(1868 atlas) Address: West Kinney & Beecher, Mulberry Chapel (Mulberry opp. Camp) Organized: 1856 at West Kinney and Beecher Moved to Mulberry Chapel (opp. Camp) in 1861 Closed: 1872

Read More

Address: 8 James Opened: 1872 In 1854 the Board of Education approved the establishment of industrial schools “to afford the opportunity of moral and intellectual education to the children of want and destitution . . .” These schools were initially located in leased facilities in commercial buildings, providing evening classes for apprentices. In 1925 the county…

Read More

Address: 51 Clover Opened: 1872 In 1854 the Board of Education approved the establishment of industrial schools “to afford the opportunity of moral and intellectual education to the children of want and destitution . . .” These schools were initially located in leased facilities in commercial, providing evening classes for apprentices. In 1925 the county took…

Read More

Address: 107 Ivy St. Opened: 1961 Closed: 1988 Previously in building: Ivy Hill Elementary (1931), Ivy Street Junior High  (1935) Later in building: Vailsburg Middle (1988), Ivy Hill Elementary (2007) Famous Alumni Wyclef Jean (1987)

Read More

Address: 187-223 Broadway Opened: 1855, became Newark State College and then Kean University 1912 building became Technology High School

Read More

Address: 74 Montgomery Street Previous names: Montgomery Street Elementary (1911) Later names: Montgomery Street Binet School (1931) Later in building: Academy of Vocational Careers, American History High School

Read More

Address: 90 Parker (current) Opened: 1838 (new buildings: 1855, 1899, 1965). Renamed Barringer High School in 1908    

Read More

Address: 190 Muhammad Ali Ave Opened: 1984 (Special Education) Closed: 1991 Opened: 1996 (Middle School) Closed: 2005  

Read More

Address: 107 Ivy St. Opened: 1988 Closed: 2007 Previously in building: Ivy Hill Elementary (1931), Ivy Street Junior High  (1935), Vailsburg High School (1961) Later in building: Ivy Hill Elementary (2007)  

Read More